Zone 9 - Sydney Northern District Bowls
NOMINATIONS FOR ZONE POSITIONS
Following a recent enquiry concerning nominating for Zone committees I want members to please note that :
- all committees are open to nomination and members are most definitely encouraged to stand; they do not have to be a club Delegate to do so.
- in 2010 the Zone introduced a policy that any member interested in joining a committee (other than Selectors) can attend a few committee meetings as an observer to get a feel for what the committee does.
- members are always welcome to attend Zone meetings as visitors to see how the Zone, its committees, operate etc.
- several committee involve a long learning curve and the Zone believes in building for the future and recognizes this, so new committee members are given time to sit, listen, learn and absorb a committee’s operations.
- committee vacancies can be filled throughout the course of the year.
The Zone has been relying on the same dedicated members for far too long to keep its committees going - it needs fresh, new ‘arms & legs’ to invigorate it, particularly given the changing landscape of our sport.