Zone 9 - Sydney Northern District Bowls
'PARTICIPATION IN BOWLS' REPORTED BY STATE COUNCILLOR, DENNIS TAYLOR
PARTICIPATION IN BOWLS' STATISTICS
At the Zone meeting on 14 Feb 2016 State Councillor Dennis Taylor drew the following information from the recently released ‘Bowls Australia 2014 Census Report’ to the attention on Club administrators.
* Australia wide 56 % of bowls participation was in ‘Social Programs’.
* 20 % in Pennants, 16 % Other Competition, 8 % School.
* NSW bowls participation was 62 % Social Programs, 16 % Pennants, 14 % Other Competition, 8 % School.
* Sydney Metro Area is apparently up around 80 % Social Programs.
* ‘Participation’ figures include the counting of a participant each time they compete in a bowls competition or program of at least 4 games duration and Social Programs data includes ‘corporate’ and barefoot’ bowls but not School Programs.
* ’Social bowls is not only the major growth segment (with schools programs) but it has become the major area of participation in recent years. Social bowls is now established as, by far, the largest participation segment in bowls' - Executive
Summary of 2014 BA Census Report.